2.4 Legal basis and storage period
The legal basis for data processing in accordance with the preceding paragraphs is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our interests in data processing are in particular to ensure the operation and security of the website, to investigate the way in which visitors use the website, and to facilitate the use of the website.
Unless specifically stated, we only store personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfil the purposes pursued.
3 Your rights as a data subject
Under applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please send your request by e-mail or post to the address referred to in clause 1, clearly identifying you.
Below you will find an overview of your rights.
3.1 Right to confirmation and information
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us at any time as to whether personal data relating to you is being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to obtain free information from us about the personal data stored about you, together with a copy of this data. Furthermore, you have the right to the following information:
• the purposes of the processing;
• the categories of personal data that are processed;
• the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
• if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
• the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, or to restriction of processing by the controller, or a right to object to such processing;
• the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;• if the personal data are not collected from you, any available information about the origin of the data;
• the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
If personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization, you have the right to be informed about the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR in connection with the transfer.
3.2 Right to rectification
You have the right to request from us without delay the correction of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data – also by means of a supplementary declaration.
3.3 Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to request that we delete personal data concerning you without undue delay and we are obliged to delete personal data without undue delay if one of the following reasons applies:
• The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
• You revoke your consent to the processing referred to in Article 6 (1) GDPR (a) or Article 9 (2) (a) GDPR and there is no other legal basis for processing.
• You object to the processing in accordance with Article 21 (1) GDPR and there are no legitimate priority reasons for processing or you object to the processing in accordance with Article 21 (2) GDPR.
• The personal data were processed unlawfully.
• The erasure of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject.
• The personal data have been collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Article 8(1) GDPR.
If we have made the personal data public and we are obliged to delete them accordingly, we shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and implementation costs, to inform data controllers who process the personal data that you have requested from them the deletion of all links to such personal data or copies or replications of such personal data.
3.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request from us the restriction of processing if one of the following conditions is met:
• the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
• the processing is unlawful and you objected to the erasure of the personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of the personal data;
• we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
• You have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR, as long as it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of our company outweigh yours.
3.5 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from us, provided that:
• the processing is based on consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR or Article 9 (2) (a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR, and
• the processing is carried out using automated procedures.
In exercising your right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the right to obtain that the personal data be transmitted directly by us to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
3.6 Right to object
You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We no longer process personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed by us for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling in so far as it is related to such direct marketing.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) GDPR for reasons arising from your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest.
3.7 Automated decision-making, including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
3.8 Right to revoke consent under data protection law
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
3.9 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you is unlawful.
4 Data security
We make every effort to ensure the security of your data within the scope of applicable data protection laws and technical possibilities.
Your personal data will be transmitted encrypted with us. This applies to your orders and also to the customer login. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) coding system, but would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) may have security gaps. A complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
In order to secure your data, we maintain technical and organizational security measures, which we repeatedly adapt to the state of the art.
We also do not guarantee that our offer will be available at certain times; disruptions, interruptions or failures cannot be excluded. The servers we use are regularly carefully secured.
5 Automated decision-making
Automated decision-making based on the personal data collected does not take place.
6 Transfer of data to third parties, no data transfer to non-EU countries
In principle, we only use your personal data within our company.
If and to the extent that we involve third parties in the performance of contracts (such as logistics service providers), we will only receive this personal data to the extent that the transfer is necessary for the corresponding service.
In the event that we outsource certain parts of the data processing (“order processing”), we contractually oblige processors to use personal data only in accordance with the requirements of data protection laws and to ensure the protection of the data subject’s rights.